Some universities and BS/MD programs have unique admission requirements. Some of those to watch out for include:
- Washington University in St Louis — optional 90 second video
- Brown University — optional 2 minute introduction video
- Princeton University – requires to submit a graded written paper
- Rutgers University – requires a verification of shadowing and volunteering hours
- Hofstra University – requires their BS/MD applicants to take the Casper test by January 15
- Bowdoin College – optional 2 minute video. You receive a randomly selected question, such as, “Tell us how you would like to spend your birthday,” or, “What’s the best thing that’s happened to you in the last year?” You have 30 seconds to reflect before recording your 2-minute response.
- University of Chicago – optional 2 minute introduction video
- Wake Forest University – optional 2-3 minute video answering one of their three prompts (must be submitted within 5 days of applying)
Hint: Optional means Required. If any of these programs are at the top of your list, don’t skip any optional tasks. You’ve come this far, now is the time to finish strong.
Work with an expert to tackle all those “optional” tasks to get accepted to your top-choice program. Sign up for a free consultation with Moon Prep to learn how we can help.