9-Day Crash Course: The Search For ScholarshipsJune 19 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Moon Prep counselor Michaela S, an experienced college counselor, will be hosting a 9-Day Crash Course to answer many of the questions you have about how to apply for scholarships during the college application process.
With the cost of many top universities exceeding $75K per year, paying for college without being buried in student loan debt, is on the top of many families’ minds.
Michaela is Moon Prep’s scholarship expert and will guide students through the whole process. She will be covering everything from how to find scholarships, which scholarships pay the most, and how to graduate from college with minimal debt.
How The Course Works
This is not a live class. You’ll get a link to the video course. Each day you’ll receive a link to the next day’s video module.
This video course shows you techniques you need to find money to pay your tuition bills. In the video modules, we will walk you through the entire scholarship process, including searching for scholarships, spotting scams, writing the essay, and filling out the FAFSA.
With a selection of video modules, examples of how to answer scholarship essays, timelines, and many advanced strategies and tips, our course is one of the most comprehensive available to help you successfully find and win scholarships.
Day 1: The Basics To Understanding Financial Aid
- Why universities do (or don’t) offer scholarships
- The pricing equation that universities use to determine aid
- How much universities actually cost
Day 2: Private Scholarships vs. Other Types Of Scholarships
- Merit/academic scholarships and the stipulations
- Departmental scholarships or other institutional scholarships
- Athletic scholarships
- Transfer scholarships
- Private scholarships
Day 3: Organizing The Scholarship List
- Organize your list of colleges and essays
- Creating a scholarship spreadsheet
- How to spot scam scholarships
Day 4: How To Find Private Scholarships
- 5+ sites to check to find scholarships
- Tips for finding real scholarships
- What are competition scholarships
Day 5: Tips For Finding Scholarships
- More tips for spotting scams
- How much time you should spend
- How to keep organized throughout the process
Day 6: Timeline For Applying For Scholarships
- When to start applying to scholarships
- Being proactive
- Tips for your junior and senior years
Day 7: Writing The Scholarship Essay
- Looking at the audience of the scholarship committee
- Tips for writing a vibrant essay
- The grocery store analogy
- Common scholarship essay topics and how to answer them
Day 8: What To Do After Winning A Scholarship
- Steps to take after winning a scholarship
- Minimum qualifications scholarships might have
- Communication tips
Day 9: Tips For Filling Out The FAFSA And CSS Profiles
- What you need to know about the FAFSA
- CSS vs. FAFSA: What’s the difference?
- CSS and FAFSA tips