Spend your summer working on all the elements of your college applications, including the essays, and start the fall semester with a head start over your classmates. Students benefit from fast-paced and productive live, online classes led by a team of experienced college counselors.
This exclusive BS/MD experience is for registered Moon Prep students only.
Application iQ Camp:
- Student profile: rising 12th grade (Direct Medical Applicants – BS/MD, BS/DO)
- Schedule: 7 weeks long – meeting 1x a week
- Dates: Every Wednesday (7/19 – 8/30), 7:00-8:30p ET/4:00-5:30p PT
- Topics covered:
- The nuances of the BS/MD application process, including strategies for the medical-focused essay questions.
- The week-by-week schedule can be found here.
- Investment: Free (live sessions), Paid (offline editing of essays)
- Free: Moon Prep students can attend the live sessions for free. Sessions are via Zoom, interactive, and will assist students in getting a head start on their applications and essays in a structured environment.
- Paid: After each session, students will receive homework and work independently on drafts of their essays. All students are paired with a counselor/essay coach when they sign up. The offline essay edits/feedback will be billed at the hourly rate at sign up.
Course syllabus and learning objectives can be found here
What Students Will Accomplish
- Insights into how the BS/MD process differs from traditional admissions
- Understand what a BS/MD college list should look like and how many programs students typically apply to
- BS/MD vs. BS/DO
- A roadmap and timeline for the complete application process
- Tips and tricks on Common App completion + other applications
- Understand the various ways to apply – Early Admission (EA), Early Decision (ED), Restrictive Early Action (REA), Rolling Admission, and Regular Admission
- A captivating personal statement, supplemental essays, and medical-related essays
- Tips for acing the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)
- How to tackle the CASPer
- Activity list highlighting your achievements
- Organizational skills to help the student stay on track and effectively manage the application process
- Q&A with counselors who specialize in BS/MD and medical school admissions
- The Moon Prep team of experienced counselors will professionally edit personal statements, essays, and activity lists so that students leave the camp with Final Drafts, ready to submit