Colleges across the United States are getting on the IB train, offering scholarships to diploma graduates with high scores. From internship opportunities to mentoring programs, there are many colleges that go the extra mile to make sure that students transition from college to the workplace without any hiccups.
So, if you are an IB student and want to know whether any of the top universities in the country are offering awards, check out the list below.
University of RochesterUniversity of Rochester
1. The University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) – They award select graduates with their IB Scholarship. A score of 5 or more on the higher level examinations makes a student eligible to receive course credits.
Southern Methodist UniveristySouthern Methodist Univeristy
2. Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX) – Based on their exam scores, IB students are eligible for merit-based aid. Once the applicant receives his/her exam results, they are eligible to apply for financial assistance. The amount of financial assistance might vary and is usually up to the university’s discretion. Depending on the score, the scholarships can fall anywhere between $4000 and $12,000. The awards can be combined with other scholarships and grant aid to take care of tuition fee.
Western Oregon UniversityWestern Oregon University
3. Western Oregon University (Monmouth, OR) – IB Diploma graduates who have a score of 30 or more are guaranteed admission and are eligible for the Provost’s Achievement Scholarship of $2,500 dollars a year that is renewable. Students are required to submit their SAT and ACT scores for placement purposes.
Missouri State UniversityMissouri State University
4. Missouri State University (Springfield, MO) – This college offers merit-based aid to IB students. Students who have finished their diploma and apply before mid-January are eligible for the MSU Board of Governor’s scholarship of $5000 a year, which works up to $20,000 over a period of four years. They also award course credits to students for completing the IB courses.
5. University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NB) –This university offers out of state IB diploma recipients a chance of getting up to $50,000 in the form of financial aid. Moreover, candidates are also eligible for a $1,000 IB Nebraska Legends Scholarship.
6. Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) – Graduates who have a minimum IB score of 24 are eligible for a $5,000 scholarship that is renewable.
If you are an IB graduate, it is worth looking into what colleges offer scholarships. There are numerous benefits to an IB Diploma; the potential for scholarships is one of them. Students who complete the IBcourse have enough academic rigor and professional acumen to handle themselves with ease in a professional environment and build their network. The scales are surely tipping in their favor.
Want to learn more about pursuing an IB Diploma? Check out What You Need to Know Before Pursuing an IB Diploma.